LG - міжнародний бренд насіння польових культур французької компанії Лімагрейн Європа, яка є лідером у сфері насіння основних польових культур: кукурудзи, соняшнику, м`яких і твердих сортів пшениці, ячменю, бобових і кормових культур.
Всі ми пишаємося тим, що ми робимо, і запрошуємо вас приєднатися до нашої команди.
1. Maize breeding project manager (H/F)
Limagrain Europe - Ukraine
Location : Ukraine
We are looking for a maize breeder to lead our breeding project for the early and very early grain maize market segment in Ukraine-Russia. This breeding project is based on our station in Rohy, closed to Uman in Tcherkassy region with an already established breeding team. This position reports to the European Maize Program Head for this maturity segment.
Main Activities :
* Strategy / business orientation : in conjunction with the Head of Breeding program :
-Develop breeding direction, ideas and germplasm strategies to bring new lines and hybrids on the market
- Define the short, medium and long term objectives of the breeding project in Ukraine and the target portfolio with development and marketing teams.
- As such Develop a good understanding of business challenges through interactions with all relevant stakeholders and communicate all relevant data to support the promotion
- Implement the breeding strategy and manage the breeding project :
- Leverage internal as well as external R&D capabilities to optimize the breeding project using new and efficient technical innovations.
- Manage and take in charge all breeding steps including management of genetic diversity, crossing plan, inbred lines development, assessment of lines, visit and score trials and nurseries
- Analyze all data with appropriate tools and take breeding decisions in agreement with the Head of Breeding Program
* People Management
- Manage the breeding team dedicated to the breeding project;
- Play a key role in the management of the station : facilitate team meetings, resources organization and resources sharing including working space, machinery and human resources under lea with the station manager.
- Ensure that all team members follow the company standards (health, safety and environment and other). Promote innovation and maintain high technical and scientific level of his / her team.
- Develop close relationship with Maize breeders operating in other programs or other territories as well as all Limagrain Field Seed Research organization
* Finance :
- Prepare and follow budgets and investments for the Maize breeding program and appropriately justify any deviations. In collaboration with management propose mid-term plan over 3 years for the program.
* Germplasm, licensing and collaboration
- Lead local collaborations and propose exchanges with public and private partners in line with company standard and protocols.
- Guarantee the FTO of the germplasm worked
• PhD or equivalent (Master with strong experience) in Plant Breeding and Genetics, or a closely related field, is required.
• Strong demonstrated knowledge in breeding, genetics, agronomy, and application of modern technologies, such as marker assisted selection, for improvement of maize are necessary.
• Experience as a plant breeder of maize or other hybrid crop in a successful commercial program, is advantageous.
• Knowledge of the target production region, associated biotic and abiotic stresses, and relevant germplasm base would be appreciated.
• Ability to use software for data analyses, management, presentation, and reporting; general competence in statistics and data management is required.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills are needed.
• Leadership skills and experience in managing people and programs desired.
If you are interested to join us please send your CV and a short letter describing your motivation to the following address: